Ron Wilson Removals started its journey in 1948 founded by Ron Wilson. The business opened up with one truck and a office from Ron’s home. It remained this way until Kevin Wilson, Ron’s son joined him in 1965.
Three years later with the gaining of his truck licence, Kevin convinced his father to purchase a second truck and a warehouse in Seaford to accommodate the growing demand for furniture storage. Together, they built the 800m2 brick storage warehouse and began to fill it with clients furniture.
The warehouse had limited capacity and their option was to “open stack storage” In 1977 Kevin planned to move on from the business, but Ron decided that it was time to retire and Kevin purchased the business from him.
Ron Wilson Removals acquired three more trucks and the warehouse quickly filled to capacity, forcing the business to expand and rent a second and third warehouse.
In 1989 Kevin sold the warehouse in Seaford and merged all of the storage into the current 1800m2 warehouse. This was to be known as the head office for Ron Wilson Removals.
Ron Wilson Removals is now a flexible furniture removals and storage business as we are a containerised business that caters for both short term and long term storage.